brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25: 40
Since 1996, the Mission Endowment Fund of the Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana Synod has awarded over 150 ministry grants to multiple congregations to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in their communities. Total funds given to date = OVER $1 MILLION
These grants have changed the lives of
- Incarcerated men in recovery programs who hear the life-saving message of Scripture
- Faithful parishioners who desire to strengthen their congregations with internal programs
- Single parents who receive food for their hungry children
- Young children struggling academically who receive compassionate tutoring in a safe environment
- Elderly who need assistance who enjoy a hot meal delivered to them by youth members
- Day workers who receive a free breakfast and a prayer to begin their day
- And so many more programs and projects
Application Information is available at:
https://www.ntnl.org/ministries/mef/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Let the Mission Endowment Fund support you with seed
Money as you develop a ministry to change lives!
See what seed money from an MEF Grant can do!
Faithful Vision Leaders who receive seed money for mission development and new congregations with exceptional potential
Single Mothers who struggle to feed their children
School Children who cannot afford their classroom supplies
Incarcerated Men who are hungry for the Good News
Hurting Men and Women who want to recover from addictions
Elderly who receive home cooked meals and visits from church youth
Day Workers who start their mornings with a hot breakfast and a prayer
Medically or otherwise vulnerable parishioners who remain part of the community by joining worship online
Young Men and Women who are searching for spiritual growth and involvement in alternate settings
Lutherans of All Ages who are eager to learn leadership skills via online learning and retreats
Young Children who are challenged or left behind with compassionate tutorial programs
Leaders or Clergy who seek spiritual enrichment and encouragement
Individuals New to Being Lutherans who are offered Biblical and spiritual encouragement to grow their faith
And many more
680 Copper Canyon Rd * Argyle, TX 76226
Legacy Partners - Enduring Vision for Mission
The MEF gives grants to community-oriented mission projects through congregations, connecting us with people we might not reach otherwise. Bishop Erik Gronberg promotes this ministry by adding, “The Mission Endowment Fund of the NT-NL is a true sign that
we are #InMissionTogether. The sole purpose of the MEF is to seed ministry to move our congregations outward in sharing the gospel in their communities.”
Through legacy giving, you can designate a portion of your assets to be donated to the MEF after you pass away. Long after the end of your life, your gift will still be changing lives.
The MEF has grown to almost $2 million. The principle is invested, and the income is used to fund grants. Your legacy gift will provide a lasting income stream for future ministry, continuing your stewardship far into the future
Make an Impact
We’re deeply excited to extend our support of the church beyond our lifetimes, and we invite you to join us.
A gift from you means that a child, a parent, an addict, a student, a prisoner, or someone in need will be touched through the many ministries we support.
The MEF grant-giving ministry has funded over 150 Christ- centered ministries with over 1 million dollars since the first grant in 1996! Your legacy gift will help increase our reach and change more lives far into the future.
Reasons to Give
- Change lives: Your gift will change lives, and maybe even save lives, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Support ministries in need: The Mission Endowment Fund supports underfunded ministries and newly developing congregations.
- Bless your church: Regardless of your financial resources, you could make a true difference for the future of the church you love.
- Ongoing generosity: Keep giving year after year, long after you are gone. You are making an eternal gift. If you are passionate about giving while you are alive, why not stay passionate about giving afterwards?
How Can I Make a Legacy Gift?
There are many ways to leave a legacy gift, and it doesn’t need to be a complicated legal document.
- You can write the MEF into your will or estate plan. Ask us for our Attorney’s Guide. If you already have a will or estate plan, then you can simply sign a one- page codicil to amend it. No need to write a new will, and no lawyer required. We are happy to provide a sample codicil.
- You can also designate the MEF as the beneficiary for your IRA, life insurance policy, or other investments. You can connect with your investment counselor or Lutheran Foundation of the Southwest for more complicated plans.
How Much Should I Give?
Any amount is welcome—you don’t need to be a millionaire. Your gift will make a significant impact for years to come.
We recommend you set a percentage, rather than a fixed amount. Think of it like tithing. You’ve given 10% of your income during your life—why not continue afterwards?
We also recommend splitting your legacy gift tithe: 5% to your home congregation, and 5% to the Mission Endowment Fund, or a portion of your choosing.
If you want to make a legacy gift, choose one or more of these options.
- Contact your attorney to make a will or estate plan that includes a legacy gift to the MEF. Or sign a one-page codicil.
- Contact your financial advisor to designate the MEF as the beneficiary for your IRA, life insurance policy, or other investments.
- Email us at email@example.com to let us know you are making a gift
Mission Endowment Fund of the Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana Synod 680 Copper Canyon Road, Argyle, TX 76226
940-241-2099 X 105 | firstname.lastname@example.org